RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE UK PIETENPOL CLUB
‘The UK Pietenpol Club shall be a sporting club and member club of the Light Aircraft Association, formed for the benefit of Pietenpol owners, builders, operators and enthusiasts.’
Its principal intentions are:-
1. To formalise the existing group(s) of Pietenpol enthusiasts in the UK.
2. To bring together persons with a common interest in Pietenpol aircraft.
3. To provide additional sporting interests and facilities.
4. To provide opportunities for flying and social events.
5. To provide technical information. support and advice for the construction and maintenance of Pietenpol aircraft within the Club's resources, moneys and expertise.
6. To provide and maintain a social media page for the use of members.
7. To promote the Club and the LAA through Club activities.
8. To maintain and distribute a list of paid-up members within the membership, subject to the data protection rules and regulations
9. To maintain a list of completed Pietenpol aircraft and owners and Pietenpol projects and builders.
10.To maintain a web site and home page for Pietenpol aircraft, including a Technical Page with authorised Modification details.
11.To promote an exchange of information and ideas for Pietenpol aircraft with clubs and other associations in other countries
12. To abide by the LAA Club Charter.
RULE 1 DEFINITIONS
A Rule is a statement of policy that has been accorded the status of a Rule by a majority of three or more votes at a General Meeting.
A Bye-law is a temporary Rule that has been made by the Committee or the Secretary.
RULE 2. MEMBERSHIP
1. There shall be two classes of Member.
Either LIFETIME TECHNICAL MEMBER or LIFETIME STANDARD MEMBER
2. A Technical Member shall pay a higher subscription than the Standard Member
3. Standard Members may, on payment of the differential subscription cost, upgrade to Technical Member at any time.
RULE 3 VOTING RIGHTS
1. One member one vote.
2. Casting vote by chairman.
RULE .4 COMMITTEE CONSTITUTION AND DUTIES
Chairman: To be responsible for the good order of the club.
Secretary: To be responsible for Club administration, membership and the day to day running of the club.
Treasurer: To be responsible for club moneys.
Events organiser: To organise fly-ins fly- outs and social events.
Web manager: To organise and maintain a club web site and social media page.
Technical manager: To maintain a library of articles on Pietenpol aircraft modifications, plans, drawings and sources for materials and suppliers.
Safety officer To ensure the Club complies with LAA and insurance requirements.
RULE 5 ELECTION OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS
1. Committee Members shall be elected from the membership at a General Meeting, but exceptionally the elected Committee may co-opt Club Members on to the Committee for either specific tasks or to replace an elected Committee Member who is no longer able to act in that capacity.
2. Committee Members shall be elected for a term of two years.
3. All Committee Members shall be both Full Members and Beneficial Shareholders of the Light Aircraft Association.
RULE 6 COMMITTEE MEETINGS
1. A Committee meeting shall be held annually.
2. A Committee Meeting shall not be deemed to have a quorum unless at least 3 Committee Members, one of whom is the Chairman or the Secretary, is present.
RULE 7 MEMBERSHIP FEES
1. Membership fees shall be determined by the Club Committee.
RULE 8 CLUB MONEYS
1. All moneys coming into the Club's possession shall be properly recorded and shall be paid into a Bank Account in the Club's name.
2. The Club Accounts shall be presented at the next Annual Meeting for approval.
RULE 9 GENERAL MEETINGS
Annual General Meeting
1. An Annual General Meeting shall be held each year, within three months of the anniversary of the inaugural (18th January 2003) meeting.
2. At each Annual General Meeting the Chairman shall produce a report which summarises the activities of the Club during the year preceding the Meeting.
Extraordinary General Meeting
1. Extraordinary General Meetings shall be held within one calendar month of the laying of the written request of at least 5 Voting Members of the Club. Extraordinary General Meetings may also be held at the discretion of the Committee.
RULE 10 DISCIPLINE
1. The Committee may expel from membership any Member who brings the Club into disrepute or who fails to obey any Club Rule or Bye-law, or who commits any act which could be described as a civil or criminal offence according to United Kingdom Statute or Common Law.
2. Appeals against expulsion may be heard only at a General Meeting and the General Meeting's decision upon the Appeal will be final.
RULE 11 POWERS
The Committee or the Secretary (after consultation with the chairman) may make Club Rules and these Rules shall be known as Bye-laws. However such Club Rules must not negate or set aside any already existing Club Rule and they must be tabled for ratification at the next subsequent General Meeting. If made by the Secretary, they shall cease to have effect after 4 calendar months unless ratified by the Committee.